...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Saturday 2 November 2013

Yummy Shepherd's Pie

Years ago I made French Onion soup from scratch.
 Inside the box was a recipe for Shepherd's Pie.

It has become a family favourite.
 
Lipton Shepherd's Pie
 
5 medium potatoes peeled
1/4-1/2 cup milk, warmed
1 tbsp. butter
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cloves garlic
1 pouch Lipton Onion Soup
3 cups frozen vegetables
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use marble cheese)
 
1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water, drain. Mash potatoes, add warmed milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet brown ground beef and garlic. Add Lipton Onion Soup, frozen vegetables, remaining milk, oregano and pepper. Heat to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 min to reduce liquid. Place mixture in a lightly greased casserole dish. I use a 9 x 13 glass dish. Spread potatoes over top to cover entirely.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 325-350 degrees. Garnish with parsley if desired.
 
The only changes I make is I add some extra spices to the hamburger, basil, Montreal steak spice and some Italian seasoning.  I don't drain the liquid after the hamburger and veggies are simmering.
 
Great dish to freeze for later!
I made this dish for someone so I bought a tin foil pan.
 
It's a very easy dish to make and tastes delicious. I've had many compliments on this so I thought I'd share. Perfect meal for a dull rainy day.
 
Blessings, Diane

3 comments :

  1. Diane ~ this looks absolutely yummy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I'll have to make it for the family. Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, looks easy....my type of recipe! Thanks for sharing my friend! Diane

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane