...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Bavarian Apple Cheesecake

 
I found this recipe on the internet soon after we got our first computer.
Boy did a whole new world open up!
Who needed to buy cookbooks anymore?!
I still do though.
It still has some cinnamon on it!
 
Needless to say, this recipe was a huge success, according all those
who had a sample of it.
It was my friend's birthday last week and I made her one,
so I thought I would share it with you.
You can find the recipe here.
(I finally found the exact recipe that I have.)
I always start with the crust of the cheesecake.
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus one tablespoon soft butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
Mix with beaters. (Make sure you are wearing old clothes. You'll be dusted with flour)
Press down in a 10" springform pan
Set it aside.
Then peel two large Granny Smith apples.
Cut into thinnish slices.
This will give you enough to completely cover a 15" x 10" cookie pan.
Put in baking dish. (I always put a piece of tin foil in and grease it a bit)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
While the apples are cooking in the oven,
Beat together:
Two eight ounce packages of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
Pour over the crust in the spring form pan.
When the apples are ready and cool enough to touch,
arrange around the pan.
I turn the apples the other way when filling in the centre to make it look a bit fancy.
When all the apples are on, toss 1/4 cup of sliced blanched almonds.
Mix together:
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cover the entire pan with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
This will leak so you have to put something underneath it.
It looks so perfect when it's done!
You really have to try it!
I made a second one to share with the ladies at Windsor Life Centre.
They'll be enjoying this while I share on this.
 
I will be sharing this at:
 
Blessings,
 

10 comments :

  1. Hello, Oh this is just so pretty and I love the apples with it! I did put this on Pinterest! I think we just love the cinnamon and cheesecake also! What a yummy treat! I have not made a cheese cake in a long time, but I may just be trying this soon! Thanks for sharing with me LOL
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roxy, I love anything with cinnamon! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, this looks super yummy! I use to have a spring form pan, but must have gotten rid of it. Guess I might need to pick one up. Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had all kinds of cheesecakes, but not an apple cheesecake. I'm off to pin your recipe. It looks beautiful and yummy.
    Thanks so much for sharing your sweet treat with us at Project Inspire{d}!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that looks so good, Diane! That's the kind of dessert I would not be able to stay away from. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried an apple based cheesecake! This looks excellent! Thanks for linking up this week to the Art of Home-Making Mondays! I always enjoy my visits here Diane :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays last week! This post has been *featured* today on our blog. We would love for you to share again this week! Happy Monday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Diane! I found your sweet blog through JES at The Art of Home-Making Mondays :) This recipe sounds quite delicious and looks wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing.

    May you have a blessed Monday. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane