...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Sunday 13 December 2015

Christmas Centrepiece

 
 
I quickly put this together.
Sometimes the best creations come about on a whim.
Most of all these items were thrifty finds.
The tray was a most recent find.
All I had to do was clean it up.
I wanted to put a candle in there but I wanted to jazz it up and add some colour.
I love the black, white, and red combination.
 
 
I found this candlestick holder, and I like the handle at the side.
It gives the old-fashioned look.
I put a white ironstone plate underneath to add some more texture and colour.
I wrapped a garland of red beads around and tossed some fake snow on top of everything.
 
 
The stars were also thrifty finds.
The only new purchases were the red ornaments and the greenery.
 
 
I love candles.
I love the light that shines from them.
Jesus is the Light of the world,
and He has called us to be lights as well.
 
 
I've been so busy lately due to some changes at work,
so I haven't had the energy to really get decorating for Christmas.
I'm not even putting up a tree this year as we are never home at Christmas anyway.
But I wanted to do a few things to decorate.
 
 
 
There are a couple of things that probably shouldn't be in this picture, but I didn't
have the energy or heart to move any of them.(Smile)
 
 
A simple Christmas centrepiece.
 
Blessings of the Season to you!
 
Sharing this post with:

11 comments :

  1. I like the final look with your black and white table... very nice!
    One little light leaving a soft, warm glow... may we be that light to someone who needs it this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the final look with your black and white table... very nice!
    One little light leaving a soft, warm glow... may we be that light to someone who needs it this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last photos is perfect, because it is real life! I love knowing that some people don't live in a magazine! I hope your life slows just a bit in the days ahead and you can enjoy Christmas! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all your photos are picture perfect and that is what makes them memorable! I love the coziness of the candle flickering and the colors are just perfect.
    I hope your work settles down and you can take some time to really enjoy this Christmas season! :)
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all your photos are picture perfect and that is what makes them memorable! I love the coziness of the candle flickering and the colors are just perfect.
    I hope your work settles down and you can take some time to really enjoy this Christmas season! :)
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, sweet Diane! Oh, what ajoy to pop in for a visit during this busy time of Christmas :) How are you, dear friend? Your centerpiece is stunning! I love the pop of red.

    May you have a blessed and joyous Christmas! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane,it really is simplistic beauty! Love the pop of the red beads. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candle light and a little nap, what could be better?!
    Have a happy and blessed new year!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Diane! I am finally...after almost a month...catching up on reading your lovely blog! You have popped into my thoughts on numerous occasions, though! I hope all is well in your home today, and may a beautiful weekend be yours!
    With much love...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The post is quite important and worth for me. Looking for best trusted site to Buy Indian Twitter Followers

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane