...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Saturday 5 September 2015

Pizza on the Barbeque

 
Doesn't this just look scrumptious?!!
 
It tasted as scrumptious as it looked.
 
I was visiting my folks the beginning of August
 and my sister-in-law Kristine cooked us this delicious pizza.
She cooked it on the barbeque.
That was a first for me.
 
 
The recipe for the crust came from her Kitchen Aid recipe book.
 Kristine felt it was a little too thick to have for the barbeque.
(I liked it)
 

 
Hopefully you can read this well.
 
 
Start with pizza sauce.
The nice thing about making your own pizza is you can put whatever you want
and how much you want.
 
 
One of the keys to a good pizza is LOTS of cheese.
 
 
Starting to melt...mmmm!
 
 
Melting over!
The temperature should be 350 degrees and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes.
This was in for almost 20 minutes and you can see
 that the edge of the crust is getting dark.
 

 
Can you smell it?
 
 
Two slices of this pizza was enough for me.
Very filling,
and very tasty!
I did eat it with a fork and knife.
Had to.
It was too sloppy.
A good kind of sloppy!
 
 
Sitting here with my sister and my brother-in-law.
 
 
It's a long weekend here in Canada
and in the US as well.
Having one last summer party?
This is a great idea.
Pizza and wings?
 
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you do.
I'm going on a Day Trip with a friend of mine on Saturday.
I'll share pictures next week.
 
Blessings,
 
Sharing this post at these great parties:

7 comments :

  1. Hmmm...oh my! This pizza does indeed look very scrumptious, dear Diane...your pictures are making me hungry...*smiles*
    I have always wanted to try making pizza on the barbeque...such a delightful idea for a summertime gathering...and yes! You are right...a good pizza needs lots of cheese...and I always like to sprinkle some fresh oregano leaves and a drizzling of olive oil on top! Wonderful!
    Enjoy your long weekend...have a blessed day trip with your friend!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have never heard of pizza on a BBQ before. Looks yummy! We will be looking for a new grill as it is the end of the year sales...
    Hope you are doing well!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza on the barbecue! No way! Sounds like I might have to try this before it gets too cold out...or maybe it's the perfect cold weather dinner!! Yum!

    Have a delightful week!
    Be blessed, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza on the barbeque - what a wonderful idea, my friend. One time my husband and I tried to bake a pizza over an open fire when were camping....it did not turn out too well! haha :) I will have to try this and I have two stone pans so I think I'm good to go.

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! Looks delicious. I love making homemade pizzas, but have not tried baking them on the grill. I bet it added a wonderful flavor!
    Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to try this. I grill quite a bit but haven't done pizza -- it looks so good. Thanks for your instructions-- I am giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane