...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Monday 6 January 2014

My Word for 2014

I have never liked making New Years Resolutions.
 They never worked and the only thing that resulted from them was guilt.
Yuck!!
I deal with that ugly word enough on my own without having to create more of it for myself.
 
Lately I have been reading about having a "word" for the year ahead rather than making a resolution.
That makes so much sense to me.
 
So I prayed about a word.
Now if there is one word that I would describe myself and friends who know me is that I am steady.
I am not easily swayed by things that blow in the wind.
But as I was thinking about being steadfast, I have areas in my life that are steady, but there are other areas that require more steadfastness.
Areas that shouldn't be easily shaken but are a little shaky at the moment.
It's always nice when you get confirmation about what you feel God is telling you.
I receive notifications from The Elijah List.
Today there was a message from Jennifer LeClaire about "the righteous will never be shaken". You can read the message here.
Talk about confirmation. It always makes my heart smile.
 
We all have areas in our lives that need to tweaked here and there.
 Change comes one tweak at a time.
But when it does, you become like Psalm 112:7-8
 


 
Sometimes, when we keep things simple for ourselves change will automatically happen for us.
 
What's your word for 2014?
 
The above pictures are from the ice storm taken on Dec 26 in Southern Ontario.
 
Blessings, Diane

4 comments :

  1. Hi there Diane. I'm one of your newest followers. I found my way here via the TTG Social Networking Party. It is my hope that you will take a few minutes to check out and follow my new blog. My recent post was about my "plans" for 2014. I suppose the one word theme of my new year would be Self. In this new year I am looking to find my sense of self. I've spent far too much time comparing myself to others and finding myself lacking. As I say in my blog, I'm O.K.! Your last line speaks true to me. "Sometimes, when we keep things simple for ourselves change will automatically happen for us." Have a happy day Diane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, Thanks for stopping by! I have visited your blog and started following you. Good luck with all your endeavors!
      Blessings, Diane

      Delete
  2. Diane...
    "Steadfast"...yes that is what we want to be....like the house built on the rock.
    Living a life rooted and grounded in HIM does more than make us steady, doesn't it. The hardest part, is the letting go of ourselves to get beyond steady to steadfast. For me...that's where the growth takes place...if I let it.

    I really am enjoying your beautiful photos. The ice is spectacular....hope it didn't cause you problems.

    Blessings!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be a person who is "not shaken" is my heart's desire. Thank you for stopping by! The beautiful pictures were taken at my parents's home. They had not power for five days. It was tough for everyone but it was oh so beautiful!!
      Blessings, Diane

      Delete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane