...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Saturday 6 April 2013

Lentil Soup

Lentil Soup
I love soup! It just kinda hits the spot. You know that feeling. Especially on a chilly day. Spring is trying hard to make it's way here, but we're still getting some chilly days. Late this afternoon I saw a bunny in our back yard, and the last two mornings I can hear the birds singing while I'm still in bed. I love that sound, even early in the morning!

Ingredients

 
Recipe
 
 
1 cup red lentils
1 medium onion chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2-1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup rice or barley
1/2 tsp oregano
5 cups chicken stock (sometimes I add beef stock as well if I have it handy)
1 small can tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
I always throw in some other spices, basil,,italian seasoning, thyme
chopped parsley
May need to add extra water
Add cooked bacon or sausage at the end
 
Cooks in the crock pot for 4-6 hrs on high or 1 1/2 hrs on stovetop.
 


Mmmmm!


 
I took a picture of the bunny, but I couldn't get it off my phone onto my laptop. Have a great weekend!

 Blessings, Diane

3 comments :

  1. Mmm! Sounds yummy! I'd like to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! It's raining here today, so that soup would be perfect! Thanks for your kind comment on my photo and verse.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane