...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Sunday 24 February 2013

He Loves me! and Amazin' Raisin Cake

I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband for Valentine's Day. One week later, only the daisies have survived. (Actually, I forgot to change the water and there was none left in the vase! Shame on me!!) I made two smaller bouquets.  Don't you just love daisies?! As a child, I used to play the game, "He loves me, he loves me not". I got to thinking today, that as a child of God, each petal that I pull says, "He Loves Me!" "He Loves Me!" There is NO, "He loves me not". Isn't that wonderful!!
Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." What a comfort!

I made a cake today for my parents. I do that often since my mother has had a TIA almost three years ago. She has limited use of her right hand and they enjoy a piece of cake with their coffee breaks. I thought I'd share the recipe with you. It came from a recipe book of hospital employees.
Amazin' Raisin Cake
 
Beat together:
2 cups sugar
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs

Hand mix in:
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cloves

Add:
3 cups chopped peeled apples
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (I don't include these)

Grease and flour a bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. (Every oven is different) Enjoy!
 Blessings, Diane

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful post Diane! Yes, He loves me...and more! Looks like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanne! Our service was about this today. God loving us! This is something we must never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He loves me"...I will never look at a daisy the same again :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane...that cake looks amazing. Thank you for sharing the recipe. And what an amazing reassurance of how He loves us! When I see a daisy, I will think on that very wonderful truth. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane